Wow! What an amazing week. I’ve been blogging now for just under a month and in the last few days I have been nominated for THREE blogger awards (that means there is one more post coming soon). I started this blog as a form of therapy for myself and hopefully a way to help others – so those who have the same struggles know they are not alone. The support and encouragement of the blogging community has been amazing!
Anna the Fangirl nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger award and I could not be more thrilled. To think that someone sees me as a bit of sunshine in their life and the lives of others – WOW! (I’m going to be saying that a lot I think! Just warning you now!) Check out her blog, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it as much as I have.
So here are the Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
11 Questions asked of me by Anna:
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? I really want to go to Ireland and Israel – I know that is 2 places, but I just can’t choose between them. I just think Ireland is beautiful. Israel I want to visit because it is a land so rich in history and I want to walk where Yeshua and His Followers walked.
- What do you miss most about your childhood? Living in the country. I am living in a small town now, but it is not quite like how I grew up. I miss having property and having horses.
- What is your favorite time of the year/holiday? I love the Fall! The changing colors, pumpkins spice, apple cider, the colors – oranges, yellows and browns (so cozy!!), the crisp days that are not too hot but not too cold yet.
- What is your favorite post on your blog? The F Word – FEAR, because this is something that has really held me back in so many ways over the years.
- What are you afraid of? I have a fear of heights (for no good reason) and a fear of spiders (for a good reason). However, if I am totally honest, my biggest fear in my life is a fear of failure or a fear of not being perfect. It keeps me from even trying things at times.
- Do you like movies or books better? Books! Most definitely BOOKS! I am a notorious book worm – and somehow I have 3 children who are not fans! What happened?!
- What kind of animal would you choose to be your pet? (Real or fictional) This one is hard, I love animals. I’m not as crazy as my daughter, but I do love them. Growing up I always wanted a tiger (I already had the horse that most girls dream of). But if I could go fictional I think I would want a unicorn. They are beautiful, majestic and magical. AND I could train it to stab people that make me mad.
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? I used to be a morning person and I do love getting up before others and enjoying the quiet of the morning with a cup of coffee and a good book. However, over the years I’ve slowly transitioned to being more of a night person. To be honest I need my sleep. So maybe I’m more of a sleep person.
- Would you rather have a fun night out or stay in? Staying in! I’m an introvert and prefer a small group of good friends rather than a night out. People who know me well tend to forget how quiet I was when they first met me. But in the end, as much as I love people (and compared to my husband I am definitely more outgoing), people drain me and I need to retreat to my room for a nice warm bubble bath, a cup of coffee (maybe spiked with Kahlua) and a good book.
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging for myself. I’ve found writing is like therapy for me. I feel so much less stress and anxiety when I write. I’m hoping that my way of therapy can help others as well. But in the end, I’m really doing it for me.
- What was the last thing that made you smile? My children. They drive me totally insane at times and are the reason for the sparkles (aka gray) in my hair – but they are my joy and my life too. I love being silly with them when I can remember to set aside my perfectionist anal serious side. Some of my biggest belly laughs that involved me laughing until I cry involve these little “angels”.
If one of the blogs listed is yours, feel free to participate or not participate as you so choose in this award. If you are a reader, take a peek at these and see which ones catch your fancy.
- A Thread Full of Dreams
- Walk the Goats
- The Non-Alcoholic Student
- The Stubborn Australian
- Words with Kris
- Tick Talk Site
- Adventures in Cheeseland
- My Lofty Hill
- Defining Yellow
- Earthly Brain
- Out of Hiding
Questions for My Nominations:
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you had to change your name – what would you choose and why?
- What is the craziest thing you believed wholeheartedly as a child that you’ve discovered is not true?
- What quote or saying do you hear all the time that drives you insane?
- What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
- What is the weirdest thing that has happened to you in the past few weeks?
- What food combinations do you love that others find weird?
- If you could have any super power – what would it be and why?
- What mythical creature do you wish actually existed?
- If someone narrated your life, who would you want to be the narrator?
- What is one interesting fact about yourself that you’d like to share with all of us?
Thank you again for all the bloggy love so far. This adventure has been more exciting than I could have ever imagined. Happy Blogging and Happy Reading!