I am so far behind and so totally breaking the rules (can you tell I have a fascination with rule breaking?! I’ve always been a rule-follower so this breaking the rules thing for me is like a kid with a new toy!)
I’m still fighting the tail end of a cold. I keep thinking I am over it and then I have an “episode” as I’ve started to call them where I can’t breathe and start hacking so much that I basically have coughed up all my organs I think. And before ya’ll start lecturing me – I did make myself a doctor’s appointment for tomorrow morning.
Add to that the normal craziness of my life with kids and a full time job and then one of my good friends just got married! I’m so happy for her and she looked like a Disney Princess yesterday – it was amazing and beautiful and I was all teary eyed to see her so absolutely happy and in love!
But all of this added together has resulted in me being lax in my posting. BUT I am not lax in ideas – so I have tons to catch up on. Buckle up and get ready for a ride over the next few days!
But first, let’s get back on track with this challenge.
- Thank the person who nominated you – Tales from the Mind of Kristian. I have so much to catch up with on my Reader listing – and catching up on the short stories on this blog is one of them. If you check out the blog look for the Ashcroft Hall Chronicles – there are two posts and this is where I started on this blog. I’ve linked to the first part. Added Note: as I was looking for the post to link to, I noted there is a part 3 now! I’m so excited to go read it. But I promise, I’m going to finish this post which is very late first. (Maybe – hehe, you would actually never know for sure!)
- Post a quote for three consecutive days (1 quote for each day!) – okay so this is where I’ve broken a rule – it has been like 3 days SINCE my last post. Better late than never though.
- Share why this quote appeals so much to you. This is the easy part!
- Nominate 3 different bloggers for each day. SO Day 1 I did not officially nominate anyone. I said anyone could assume they were nominated if wanted. I now feel guilty for being late on the Day 2 post, so I’ll nominate someone today. Not sure who yet, but by the time I finish this post, I should have it figured out.
As I mentioned on Day 1 – I’m choosing poetry by Atticus for my challenge. Today’s
quote poetry speaks to me because my daughter, The Girl, is nearing the age where she will be flying from the nest soon. I always knew my husband would have an issue with this because she has always been a huge daddy’s girl. However, in the past couple years we have become much closer and I’m realizing I’m going to have just as hard of a time as he is. She is our oldest of 3 kids, but she is also the only girl. I truly believe she and I will always have a great relationship, but I also know that it will change once she moves out and starts her own life. I’m constantly torn between wanting to keep her here as my baby and being excited to see all the amazing things she will do in her life. She has had our hearts since before she was born and she always will have them. She is a beautiful and amazing young woman in so many ways and we love her dearly.
- Em – Earthly Brain – I’m always seeing and reading your posts, yet I’ve not seen this challenge from you yet. So maybe that is because you have chosen to not do challenges like this and that is a-okay. Who am I to tell others what they should or should not post on their own personal blog. However, if you have just not been nominated yet I would hate for you to miss out on all the fun!
- The Stubborn Australian – I know I nominated you last time too, but I so enjoyed your take on the challenge. And after seeing you out for a few days and then your latest post, I thought maybe this would be a good way to get things flowing again. As always though – if you feel like not participating – I totally understand. Hang in there.
- Spellbound Librarian – Loving your blog and I’m sure you have some amazing quotes to share!
For all my nominations – feel free to pass if you are just not up for this challenge. However, if you are up for it – I can’t wait to see what you post!