This post is a LONG time in coming. So first things first – thank you to James at BlottedInc for the nomination. I bet you had given up on me!
I did a little bit of digging (but not quite enough for me to tell you to take my word for it) and found that this award is a way for bloggers to recognize other blogs they enjoy and share them with others – hence the “Discover New Blogs” caption. Supposedly it is derived from the German word that means “beloved or dear” in English. If you know German and want to confirm that for me – that would be awesome! The important thing is that someone thought I was important enough to get this award and I’ve put a few weeks of thought into how to answer back! I found a BUNCH of graphics for this and of course they all say they are the official one. The one on BlottedInc’s post references a Global Aussie but my internet does not like the link so I’m going with one that I found that I think is pretty and is pink!
Ok, next item on the agenda is the RULES! And there are a LOT of them for this award! Ready?
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display and link to the award on your blog.
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Create more questions for your nominees to answer
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (optional)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award the award.
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated
Whew! I’m already tired. So first two rules are done. Onward now!!
Questions for me to answer – some of these took me awhile!
- If you could dye your hair a certain colour, what would it be? Hot Pink! Actually a slivery blonde with hot pink and/or light pink underneath so it just peek-a-boos out when I wear it down. My daughter does just the color on the underside of her hair (which looks amazing as her hair is super thick!). I would love to do it too. However, I have not because in my 40s I felt it would be like I was “trying too hard” – especially having a teenage daughter. I felt like at the age of 60 I could do it because then you are more of a cute old(er) woman (kids are all gone) and can get away with it. Instead of saying – “Did you see her and her hair? At her age!” it would be “Did you see that cute little ole lady with the silver/pink hair!?” Maybe I’ll get more tattoos and a Harley and start riding with my hubby too. Although I went to a conference yesterday that is making me re-think this. Why not do it? Should I care what others think? Does it matter that I’m in a more “professional” career that may not like it? Should I care that it is expensive to do? Hmm… maybe that last one will get me. We shall see. If I go for it I will post it for you to see.
- Who would be your fictional best friend? I’ve honestly put so much thought into this and just can NOT think of anyone. I kind of thought Anne from Anne of Green Gables. I love her creativity and imagination and we would have tons of fun. But I’m an introvert at heart and eventually I would have to run away and go hide from her I think.
- Describe your ideal house/vacation. This one is easy – a rustic log cabin (or a rustic looking log mansion if it came with a very discreet and invisible house keeper) in the woods by a lake. Vacation or home – I would take it.
- Who is the person you look up to? Why? Okay, this one is very hard. I’ve always struggled when someone asks me who I look up to. I can never pick someone. I have a lot of people who have influenced and inspired me – but not someone that I see myself looking up to or see as a hero. A part of me finds this very sad. I wonder sometimes if my issues with perfectionism has made me this way. I realized in my early adulthood that nobody is perfect (even those couple people I had put on pedestals as a child) and ever since I just don’t see anyone that way anymore.
- If you could write a book about anything, what would it be? Right now I want to write a book about my kids and all the crazy stuff they do and think and say. It would be hilarious, plus it would be a way for me to capture those memories forever. It is starting to hit me that they will be gone soon.
- Dogs or cats, sunshine or rain, Coffee or tea? Dogs, Rain and Coffee. Although I do like the others too.
- Who is your favourite blogger on WordPress? I have two right now – The Britchy One and Erika, Dorky Mom Doodles. They make me laugh every day.
- Name your biggest pet peeve Ok- I’m doing two again. People who are condescending and talk down to others and people who chew loudly. I do NOT need to hear every time you open your mouth. Especially when I’m trying to work!
- Favourite sport to watch/play? If you have one, name your favourite player. Years ago if you had asked me I would have said I hated basketball. However, now it is my favorite sport to watch (although the rodeo stuff does come in a close 2nd, along with things like Hockey, Donkey Basketball and Roller Derby). And my favorite player of course is The Girl. I have come to love basketball based solely on her playing it and her determination and spunk!
- Do you have any siblings? One younger brother who it seems has always been taller than me. We grew up trying to kill each other, but I absolutely adore him and am extremely proud of him.
- what is your biggest regret in high school? I have two here as well. I regret that I did not try more things in high school – clubs, groups, sports…I was too afraid to try many things because I was too focused on being perfect rather than just having fun. I did do cheer-leading my senior year for a very brief period. I kind of got tricked into it – but it was definitely an experience for me! It did not last, but it is a memory I love and an experience I don’t regret trying. The second regret and a very big one was that I wish I had been nicer to people. I was a typical teenager – very opinionated and thought I knew it all. I look back and I regret how I treated some people. I was not a bully by any means – but I was not as nice and friendly as I could have been either.
What Makes me Passionate about Blogging
I’ve written a bit about this before so I’ll keep it brief here. However, I’ve always loved to write and this blog started out as a way for me to pursue that love and to work through some issues with perfectionism and my mini mid-life crisis. It has accomplished what I wanted and so much more. I’ve found that writing is a way for me to deal with my anxiety and insecurities. It helps me to work through issues in my life and deal with them in a more positive and productive way. And I have met some amazing and wonderful other people – I never expected that!
10 Random Facts:
- I snort when I laugh
- I like to walk barefoot in wet grass – especially if I have been drinking, but that may just be because I no longer care what people think when I’m drunk.
- I used to have a horse and compete in barrel racing and other events – loved it!!
- I have always wanted to participate in a demolition derby. Still want to but I would probably not recover as fast anymore.
- I love old muscle cars. The sound of that loud deep rumbling motor is a turn on. For that matter, I like the sound of a Harley too. My favorite muscle car would be a 69 SS Camaro. (I do like big trucks too – ones you can take out mudding!)
- I asked my hubby to get me a shotgun one year for Christmas. (You know you are a redneck if…) To be fair his 12 gauge shotgun knocked me on my butt and he had more guns than me which was just NOT FAIR!!
- I would love to live in a small town and run a bookstore/coffee shop.
- As a child my grandfather had me convinced that he used to work for Paul Bunyan. He told me that he would strap big cubes of butter on his feet each morning and skate around a giant frying pan to butter it up for Paul’s breakfast. I was also convinced my grandpa was Popeye. I swear he looked just like him!
- I did not eat beef growing up. My father is allergic and loves it so we did not have it in the house. But I did eat plenty of meat. I grew up on venison, elk, rabbit, pheasant and grouse.
- I never dreamed of being a mom when I grew up like other girls did. I did not have my kids names picked out in advance. (My husband picked the first names for our first 2 kids). However, now I can’t even begin to imagine what my life would have been like without my three “angels”. They are my life!
Nominate 5 Bloggers
- Britchy One, Bitchin in the Kitchen
- Erika, Dorky Mom Doodles
- The Stubborn Australian
- Tales from the Mind of Kristian
- Walk the Goats
Feel free to pass this up if you so choose. My feelings will NOT be hurt. But if you decide to participate – here are your questions to answer!
- Did you have an imaginary friend and if yes, what was his/her name? What is your favorite story about them growing up?
- What is phrase or saying is the most annoying in the world to you?
- What is your dream job?
- If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
- Tell us one thing that happened this week which took you by surprise.
- What is the most ridiculous thing someone has convinced you to believe?
- If your life was made into a movie and an audiobook – who would play you in the movie and who would narrate the book?
- Do you have any scars and how did you get them? If you have lots tell us how many and then tell us the story behind the most interesting one.
- What accomplishment are you the most proud of?
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done (and are willing to tell us about)?