So – I guess it is normal to have an About Me page so people can know a little about the person whose ramblings they are reading on a regular basis. So here are a few facts about me for those who have chosen to click on this page:
- I’m a country girl – I grew up in Western Washington and I miss the green and the rain. I also grew up in a very small town with LOTS of family around me. I joke about how when a guy asked me out in High School I would always ask him first who his dad was to make sure we were not related. But I’m a tad bit serious too when I say that.
- I did marry my High School sweetheart – No we are NOT related. I’ve verified. The town he grew up in only went through Junior High and then they were shipped over to our High School. We met our Sophomore year and then started dating our Senior year. We were in the same grade (he is 2 1/2 months younger than me) and we even walked together during graduation. We ended up getting married 2 years later at the age of 20. At this time we have been married almost 23 years. People ask how we’ve stayed together so long and I tell them it is because we are both too stubborn to be the one to call it quits. I’m only half joking when I say this.
- We have three children – our daughter who we call The Girl and two boys – The Drama Queen and the Instigator. Some day I will write a book based solely on my life with these three children who I love dearly and often times want to strangle. I was never a girl who played house or dreamed of being a mom. But now that I am – I can’t even begin to imagine my life without these three characters.
- My “real” job right now is working for a Technology Company. I work in Operations now but my background has been Accounting and Finance. I have my CPA in Arizona – my husband says that stands for “Certified Pain in the Ass” – I tell him that title is already his.
- I’ve always dreamed of writing. Ever since I was a little girl I loved to tell stories and make them up. I’m an avid reader as well – with a very varied taste. I wish when I was growing up we had some of the amazing Young Adult fiction we have now. I read way above my age level growing up. I had very strict parents growing up who monitored my television and movie viewing quite a bit. I remember not being able to watch Dirty Dancing when it came out. But they never thought to monitor my reading. I read V.C. Andrews WAY too young! LOL
- My goal for this blog is to document my journey to accept and embrace my imperfections. I’ve lived my life for way too long being a perfectionist and people-pleaser. Many choices in my life were made based on what I thought I “should” be doing, the opinions of others and my own fears of not being perfect. I refuse to live this life any longer. And I’ve found just knowing that others are having the same struggle helps mine to not seem so overwhelming. So I’m hoping that by sharing I can help someone else with their struggle.
Okay – so if you are still reading through this – I hope that gives you a better idea of who I am. I hope you enjoy this journey and I would love to get to know you better too. So please leave me comments or drop me a note. I would love to hear from you.